SHIRYOKAN (Former Sapporo Court of Appeals)
Built in 1926 as the Sapporo Court of Appeals (later the Sapporo High Court). The Shiryokan is currently a registered Tangible Cultural Property of Japan. This spot will be the operating base of the SIAF Lab, holding various events, function as an information and volunteer center, workshop and exhibition space for the groups, artists, researchers and residents to benefit from. We hope that by gathering the information from the various initiatives surrounding the festival, the Shiryokan will also function as a medium that communicates “the future of Sapporo”.
- Odori Nishi 13-chome, Chuo-ku, Sapporo
- By PT
- From Sapporo Station [8 min by subway] to Nishi 11-chome Station [5 min walk]
JR TOWER PLANIS HALL
As the direct entryway into Sapporo from New Chitose Airport, JR Sapporo Station daily ushers over 90,000 people through its site. One of the venues for SIAF2017 is The JR Tower Planis Hall, which is inside the Sapporo Esta, a commercial facility, directly accessible from Sapporo Station. This venue has put on various exhibitions and events in the past, and will continue to do so as the first point of contact between visitors and SIAF2017.
- Sapporo Esta 11F, Kita 5-jo Nishi 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Sapporo
- By PT
- Direct access from JR Sapporo Station
SAPPORO ODORI 500-M UNDERGROUND WALKWAY GALLERY
This is a 500 meter long exhibition space which runs through the underground concourse that connects Odori Station and Bus Center-Mae Station. Through its exhibitions, it provides opportunities for the residents to come in contact with artworks from in and out of the country throughout the year.
For SIAF2017, Tohru Nakazaki and volunteers of 500-M Underground Walkway Gallery will collaborate to develop a project surrounding themes of winter and skiing.
- Odori Nishi 1-chome to Odori Higashi 2-chome, Chuo-ku, Sapporo
- By PT
- From Sapporo Station [2 min by subway] to Odori Station [direct access] (Within the underground concourse that connects Odori Station and Bus Center-Mae Station [Tozai Line])